How to choose a carpet cleaner?
It can be a very difficult decision when it comes to choosing a carpet cleaner. Do you flick through the yellow pages? Spend hours trawling through the internet, spend just as many hours on Facebook? Or do you listen to friends and family who recommend a professional carpet cleaning company to you. Whatever way you go about booking a carpet cleaner, make sure to read the information below. This is just a bit of advice from us at Executive Cleaning Services (S.W.) Ltd.Whether you choose to use our company or not, please take the following advice before letting anyone into your home.
- Do they answer the phone in a professional manner? Do they return your phone call, the same day, if you left a voice mail? Answering the phone is the first point of contact you will have with a carpet cleaning company. Do they answer all the questions that you have and do they advise you and explain things to you in a friendly, professional and respectful manner?
- What experience do they have? How long have they been in the carpet cleaning industry and who are they trusted by?
- Testimonials are a great thing to ask for, if a company is like us, they will have folders full testimonials from clients.
- Ask who they are certified with and with whom they take their exams with. Here are some organisations carpet cleaners will be with. IICRC, MRC, NCCA or TACCA.
- Do they offer a free quotation? During this quotation they should explain to you all their qualifications. They should also explain what to expect when they clean your carpet or upholstery for you. They will explain the procedures, what stains will come out and which ones won’t. They will also run through a maintenance plan with you, if that’s what you want.
- Their pricing should be honest. The price they give you on your copy of the quote is what you will pay on completion of the job. Beware of carpet cleaning companies that use ‘bait and switch’. This is when they quote you one price and on the day of cleaning it’s jumped up to another price, because they have “had” to include extras that you did not want. Here at Executive Cleaning Services (S.W.) Ltd we offer a 100% money back guarantee. This simply means, if you are not happy with the job, we do it again for free. Then if you are still not satisfied we refund you all your money back.
- Here at Executive Cleaning Services (S.W.) Ltd we are members of the Buy With Confidence scheme which is part of Trading Standards and Plymouth City Council. This ensures that people are using tradesmen who are honest, trustworthy and reliable.
- What cleaning solutions does the carpet cleaning company use? Are they harmful chemicals or are they safe ECO friendly products. Will the carpet cleaner be using a lot of soaps and shampoos, which leaves residues in the carpet and re-soils quicker? We don’t.
- And lastly how do they present themselves? Are they smartly uniformed? Polite, informative? What’s their van like? Clean and tidy, inside and out?