Carpet Protection4th October 2017
Natural Stone Floor Cleaning17th October 2017
Top tips for a clean carpet!
Here at Executive Cleaning Services SW we like to give you some of our top tips on how to keep your carpets looking and smelling amazing between your professional cleans over the Christmas and New Year period.
Our top tips:
- Vacuum weekly. To minimise the amount of damaging dry soil settling deep into the fibres of you carpets, vacuum regularly. High traffic areas and entrance ways weekly, less walked on areas fortnightly or monthly.
- Blot of spillages with kitchen towel. Don’t be afraid to use several kitchen rolls. The more of the spillage you blot up, the greater chance of getting it all out of the carpet.
- Use entrance matting in entrances and walk ways. Encourage visitors to you home to wipe their feet and if possible take their shoes off. This will limit the amount of dirt and soil coming inside from the outside environment.
- Get your carpets professionally cleaned every 1-2 years. This will help to extract out all the dirt and germs that are deep down in the pile of your carpets. Its the same for your upholstery. You’ll be surprised what’s lurking in your carpets and upholstery.
- Have your carpets, rugs and upholstery protected. Click here to learn more.
- Avoid putting potted plants directly onto your carpets. With over wetting of the plants this will cause rot and structural damage to the fibres of the carpet.
- Don’t use cheap cleaning products. Avoid putting cheap over the shelf cleaning products onto your rugs, carpets and upholstery. They can cause permanent damage due to high pH levels and bleach.
- Always put rugs on rug pad. Click here to find out more about the product that we supply, Foxi Superplus Underlay.
We are members of the NCCA, National Carpet Cleaners Association, Check out this link for the advice they give to consumers when it comes to carpet maintenance – Click here.